Grieving Children and Siblings
- Helping Your Other Children
- Explains how parents should be open, sharing their grief, rather than protecting their children from the sadness. Offers advice on what to say and when to say it.
- The Raindrops
- A cartoon-style story that provides a unique way to explain death to children of all ages.
- The Waterbug Story
- A story that explains death is merely a way to move into a wonderful new world.
- How to Help Siblings Grieve
- Phenomenal article from Mommies Enduring Neonatal Death's (MEND) newsletter, sharing her experience with helping her young son grieve his stillborn brother's death.
- How to Help a Grieving Child
- Wonderful resource on what to say and how to help a grieving child. Discusses what to and not to say when offering an explanation.
- Children's Grief
- An excerpt from a professional paper that points out several thoughts children often think and feel following a loss. Also explains how to help children cope with death.
- Am I Still a Big Sister or Brother?
- An article about the grief of children, written by Joanne Cacciatore.
- Ian's Concerns: From a Child's Point of View
- The author reveals her 8 year-old nephew's concerns and freights when she lost her baby. Invaluable insight into the mind of a grieving child.